celexa??

My dr. put me on celexa for ppd and i was wondering if any of you take it or know anyone who has took it? I am so afraid to take meds because im afraid that the dr. may miss diagonse me and taking the meds will mess me up? am i wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• If you have PPD...you should really be taking an Antidepressant. I know it's scary to take them at first, but keep in mind that it usually takes 3-4 weeks for the medicine to build up in your system. I didn't like the way celexa made me feel....kinda dreamy and not myself. I asked my dr. for Zoloft and she prescribed it and I really didn't notice anything negative....I just got better. You have to try for your sanity...keep your doctor posted about your progress. GL
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I took that one briefly 10 years ago, I really really hated it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I took it briefly for Post Traumatic Stress, Hated it, got on massive doses of Niacin and some other vitamin and herbal regimes and got better. Find youself a good naturopathic doctor and treat it naturally.. your body (and your baby) will thank you! :) Good Luck!
    KALEEandLENNON

Answer by KALEEandLENNON at 2:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2009