Doormat wives

What the heck goes through their minds when they let the man walk all over them? i just dont understand it. And if the fact that it's happening in the first place isn't bad enough, they want to complain about it after. U try to give them advice and get them help but they refuse and when it happens again and again and u point it out to them and tell them how much better their lives could be they say "yeah its easy for u to say cause u have it all." I've recently dropped a couple of friends that are like this because they seem like cars that keep going down dead end streets and even though u show them how to u turn or use reverse they insist on going down the street again. does anyone else have this problem with people?

mommyjalomos

Asked by mommyjalomos at 1:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep. I quit talking to my long time best friend last year because of this exact thing. I trying voicing my concerns, but I was "attacking" her. But now, our other friends have been saying the exact same stuff to her, and she finally came around and broke up with the guy, but still hasn't apologized to me. So we still aren't friends and probably never will be again.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• lol, omg this is so on the target. I don't get it! Like why are you married to someone who treats you like their bitch?! There is no way in hell I would allow my man to treat me that way. There is no relationship w/o respect. And these ladies just lay down and take it. You give them all kinds of advice and i bet you a million dollars they don't take any of it.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 1:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It's because they let themselves get in the position of having no education or means of supporting themselves.
    Anonymous

• Yep, I lost a friend in a similar way.
    The thing is, some of them are so insecure, they think they can't do any better. Or they think he'll change.
    You can't help them until they want to be helped. And even then, you shouldn't get too involved...it will probably end up backfiring on you one way or another.
    Anonymous