Moms Who Have Had More Than 1 C-section

How many c-sections have you had and how far apart were they? Did you have any complications?

We are thinking about more children and I have already had 3 sections, so I'm just wondering what others experiences were. We haven't decided for sure yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• My mother had 6 c-sections, each of her children were 2-3 years apart except her third child was 18 months after her second. She would have had more, but she just never got pregnant again.

She asked her dr what the risks were of having more (he suggested stopping at 3-4) and he said that her uterus could rupture if she went into labor. But then she told him that he never let her go in to labor- that he always took her early enough so she wouldn't and he said "Well, you got me there!"

I'm glad she had more because I'm the sixth!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I've had 3 c-sections. I had one 9 years ago, 5 years ago and 10 months ago. I only had complications with my second and that was a spinal headache due to the anestestia (epidural). My cousin has had 4 and her doctor told her "no more'. I think you should ask your doctor before to see what they think. This is what I did.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My first C-section was in 1998, my second was in 2006 & my third was in 2008. I heard of a women who had 6 c-sections. It is do able. Good Luck!

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 1:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I've had 4 and I'm due in November with our 5th.
    They were in June 2000, October 2001, November 2002 and April 2006. The first 3 were all within 28 months. The only complication I had during pregnancy was when my stomach muscles separated at about 6 1/2 months with my 2nd. I got huge with him (he was over 9lbs and I was retaining a lot of water). Hurt like hell and scared the crap out of me but I was fine.
    The only recovery complications I had were after my 4th when I had a uterine infection. That hurt like hell and lasted forever (it seemed).
    My doctors have never said I couldn't have more and I'm sure I'll be just fine with this one, too. But it's my last. Five kids is enough for us.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i only had the option of c-sections. my first was in 2001 my daughter was breech & 10 weeks early. my second was in 2002. my son wa so small the doctor had to cut my uterus vertically so natural childbirth was never going to be a option again. soon after that i had a tubal so it was not an issue.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I had one in 2006 and one in 2008. For me they were apparently too close (22 months apart) and my uterus was extremely thin. If I would have gone into labor my uterus would have most likely ruptured. But other than that there were no complications.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 2:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I had my first in May 1999(emergency),2nd inNov 2000(planned but early),3rd in Oct 2005(planned) & 4th in Feb 2006(planned). Never had complications. Good Luck!
    koalagirl

Answer by koalagirl at 2:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I've had 4 c-sections. 2 of them were reopened because I am prone to skin infections. Those took months to heal. The other two were perfect. I won't have any more kids though. I wanted my tubes tied, but I had too much scar tissue obstructing the fallopian tubes. I also worry about a placent accreta where the placenta grows outside the uterus and that's life threatening. It's rare, but it happens mostly in women who have had many c-sections. As long as you are healthy on the inside and your OB did not say that you could not have any more, go for it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I had 2 18 months apart my dr said that due to the fact that my kids were so close he didnt want me to have my son naturally he said he feared that my incision would burst. I will say that due to the fact that they were so close together it hurt like heck and took longer to heal

raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2009