newly single moms?

I just did a simple questionaire for single fathers ( not a big response) but can you help me out I am an Early childhood student trying to get some information for research paper.

1. What are your priorities for the education and upbringing of your child(ren)
2. What are your difficulties?
3. How can teachers support single moms?
4. What are the benefits to being a single mom?

tall_mocha84

Asked by tall_mocha84 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 3. How can teachers support single moms?
    There really isn't much a teacher can do. However I know a lot of parents would love to see more after school programs for kids with all different talents, and hobbies, to help expand their minds. The government helps support families that need financial assistance.
    most of the benefits are that I don't have to rely on a man to make sure my daughter is cared for, I do it all on my own. It makes the bond stronger between her and I. It helps keep me involved more in my DD's life. Makes you more independent.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• 1. What are your priorities for the education and upbringing of your child(ren)
    As for education: priorites include the same as any other parent. They want them to learn as much as they can and succeed. Differences only vary in morals or religion really.. which can be a problem with married parents as well.

2. What are your difficulties?
    difficulties are more in the area of finding proper care for your child while you work to pay the bills. Some include making sure they have both a male and female(with good morals, etc) figure in the childs life so they aren't lacking from either side. Most of the troubles are because a single parents has less hands on help at the home, and financial. However this could fit any situation, if they are married or not, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009