Contractions when not pregnant?

Ok, so I haven't been pregnant for over 2 yrs now, however, I still get contractions. Yes, contractions. I had both kids au naturale so believe me, I know what they feel like! I'm doubled over in pain and can't catch my breath and it feels like I should be popping a kid out or something. They don't last long and I can't place their timing on any particular day of my cycle, but they hurt like a S.O.B! : ) Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• Have you been to an OB/GYN?? You could have a cyst on an ovary, or in your uterus, or something could have happened during delivery. You need to go see a doctor about that asap. They should do an ultrasound, or send you for an HSG or something. That's not right.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• OMG! the same thing here, my daughter in 19 months, however delivered C-section. I still know the contraction feeling, sorry no adivce but I al glad to know that I wasn't just wierd.. Will be checking back to see your answers.
    tall_mocha84

Answer by tall_mocha84 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• O, I read wademom313 after I posted. I had a cyst on my ovary, noticed during my pregnancy, then after delivery it was gone..?? anyways I never thought it could be back.. LOL calling my doctor right now to schedule appointment
    tall_mocha84

Answer by tall_mocha84 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Any kind of abnormal pain should be checked out. It also could be endometriosis, fibroids, tumors, cysts. So many different things. During delivery, you could have even ended up with an infection, and that's what it is. I'm sorry, I'm just weird about down there. I still want more babies, so I'm very protective of my woman parts!!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• due to the timing not lining up well with the cycle I ruled out endometriosis, however, I will look into the possibility of a cyst, my mom had one so I'm predisposed to the possibility too. Thank you for the input!
    Anonymous