no call no answer it went straight to voicemail...

my stbx (soon to be ex husband) has my daughter this weekend and I called to check on her but no answer. it went straight to voicemail quite a few times than i called and it rang but no answer. should i make it a given that he must call or answer his phone when he has her? i dont mean like calling him 50 times withing an hour but just to check on her once a day. it drives me crazy... and he seems to be so careless. if there ever was an emergancyi'd gave no way of contacting him.
NO BASHING PLEASE!

NewTakeOnLife09

Asked by NewTakeOnLife09 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would let it go for a bit, and try again later. Why dont you try blocking your number by pressing *69 before dialing? I wouldnt like the fact you couldnt get ahold of him in case of emergencies either.. Dont blame ya there.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You could always leave a message for him and he can call you back.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i would tel him that he has to call you at least once a day to let you know how she is and so you can talk to her. as for him answering your calls, that may just make him feel like he's still "married" and being nagged by his wife. just ask him to call you, and that if you do have to call him for any reason, and leave a message for him to please have the curtousy (i cant spell) to check it in case there is an emergency.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• When is she due back home? If not yet I am a firm believer is leaving them alone. No need to call and check on her, she is with her father let them be.
    Anonymous

• Actually, blocking is *67 * 69 is call back.
    Anonymous

• As long as you're willing to give the same in return. Make it a given that he can call once a day to check on her and you have to answer. If you aren't willing to do that you're out of line. It's his time, and his daughter. He is not obligated to you anymore. If you go in trying to get this it could be twisted very easily to make you look like a controlling ex.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 2:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• thanks ladies. she is my only baby, can ya tell? :) I miss her sooo much!
    NewTakeOnLife09

Answer by NewTakeOnLife09 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I agree with desert_diva. Perfectly said!!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• "Actually, blocking is *67 * 69 is call back. "

DUH! Lol, if I was looking at a phone, I wouldve known better.. hehe. thanks :P
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• IMO you should trust that she is safe with her dad and enjoy your day doing something else. If he is you soon to be ex, then he probably has less time with her and wants to spend quality time with her without you calling every 5 minutes.

It is reasonable to set up a one call per day expectation say before bed time, but you should not just have to talk to her all day. It is disruptive to their time together. If you are calling for an emergency, then leave a message.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 2:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009