If a man leaves his wife for another woman, How long does the new relationship usually last?

lonelyandscared

Asked by lonelyandscared at 2:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• My cousin's husband left her for another woman and they lasted a month before he went back to his wife on his knees!
    Anonymous

• There's no way to predict that. Some people are together with their mistresses forever. Some move on because being with a woman and leaving is just their dysfunctional pattern of behavior. Some get a clue, realise what they missed and go back to their wives (although I highly doubt they deserve to be taken back).

Either way, move on. He did something wrong and waiting around for him is just letting him win over and over again. You don't have to jump right into a new relationship but don't spend your life waiting for him either. Do something you enjoy, better yourself and be independent. You don't need someone that makes you feel like this.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My dad left for the Other woman and you know what. They live in different states and my dad goes out every friday and saturday night "by himself" *wink* *wink* and she doesnt know about it. Relationships like that do not work out i tell you.
    Anonymous

• My dad left my mom for another women and they have now been married for 20 years.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The other woman that my ex left for ( which was a friend of mine) they have been together for what will be 2 years this year. He cheats on her a lot though, which is sad.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It truly depends on the individuals and the situation. I've know cases on both sides, the ones who left and are still together years later, and the ones who continue to leave. You can't lump everyone into a generalized group. Not all relationships were meant to last, and sometimes they start at inopportune times.
    Anonymous

• Not many relationships like that last. There may be some that do but for the most part, the relationship started on dishonesty and end the same way. But don't sit around waiting and hoping for his return. Now you are in pain and you need to heal you. Allow yourself to grieve. It sounds now you maybe in the stage of denial. You will move past this part. Get outside, volunteer, connect with others. Join a group of women going through the same thing. Try going on a site like Meetup.com it list groups that meet for just about anything. All in all don't wait on him to come back. There are bigger and better things for you. Feel the empowerment of being a woman of today.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My dad left my mom for the other woman. They have been married for almost 10 years but he is cheating on her with three other women right now. lol He will stay with her until she kicks him out but he is not going to give up sex with who he wants. My mom and I laugh because she told my mom he would never cheat on her.lol They always do and she has no clue. He has tried to get my mom to take him back he said he would give up all women for her. She said no way take you nasty junk back to your skanky wife. She is married to a really good looking wealthy guy now and he doesn't cheat on my mom. He worships her like my dad should have.

If you are the other woman you might keep him but he will cheat on you. You are no one special and if it hadn't been you it would have been someone else. Karma is a female dog.
    Anonymous

• I was married before DH. DH was the other man. We've been together 11 years and still going strong. You just never know.
    Anonymous

• For Goddess Sake! Doesn't anyone read the profiles anymore? This woman is losing her man, not her being the other woman!

All you vipers need to put your fangs in your own rear ends!!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2009