How many dealt with postpartum hair loss?

It's seriously stupid. Ugh.

I thought I was losing a bunch of hair while I was pregnant...wow, was I wrong!

Now I pull out at least 50 hairs in the shower alone.

I swear I'm going to be bald by the end of the year.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I thought the same thing! It did stop coming so much...I can't remember when. My son is a year old now and it hasn't happened in awhile. Thankfully :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 2:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my hair is SOO much thinner than it was before i got pregnant with my son! 2 years later and still losing hair and now that im pregnant again, im afraid of the same thing! .....im hoping it will thicken back up after this one is born though! hoping!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 2:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You lose a ton but it WILL come back. Might take a year and fighting all the baby hairs but it does come back.
    Anonymous

• I had the same thing. I had my baby almost a year ago and it's now gone thank gawd.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Me...
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I'm losing a lot of hair too. Quuite frankly, I don't mind because I have a lot of hair and it's too thick for me. Too bad the ones I'm losing will eventually grow back though.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 3:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• ugh! i hated it so MUCH! i loved my hair during my pregnancy... i loved it even before then.. but during pregnancy... it was so thick and luxurious. haha! then.. my baby popped out and i started losing 30 hairs for every time i brushed it.. 50 for every shower. it layered the carpet.. my bathroom looked icky.. it clogged my bathtub, my sick! ugh! i hated it.. the shedding finally tapered off around 7 months for me.

everyone told me to try vitamins (or prenatal vitamins, different shampoo.. etc.) but those didnt work.

i'm sorry for your [hair] loss. =) but i'm sure it'll grow back.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 3:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• *my sink. sorry typo.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

• I lost TONS of hair for about a year after my son was born. To the point I was scared, but my OB reassured me it was normal and I wouldn't go bald. Lately though, I've been losing lots of hair again, like by the handful when I wash and condition and rinse it. And my son is 5 now.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Depending on just how much you are losing, it's completely normal. When you are pregnant, your hair goes "dormate". Hair has a cycle. Once it hits a certain length, it will fall out. But pregnancy prevents that from happening. So, once you have the baby and the hormones are gone, you lose all the hair that should have been shead during pregnancy. I remember realizing that I never had hair on my fingers or in my brush during pregnancy because about 6 months after I had my daughter, I had hair on my fingers and in my brush. It freaked me out and really annoyed me. The drain now has to be periodically cleaned out. lol
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 5:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009