going to the club while pregnant

Is it ok/safe to go to the club while pregnant?

I was completely against the idea at first but then my cousin started telling me about the times she went when she was pregnant and she still had a great time. She's trying to convince me to go for my birthday next saturday. I'm trying to decide what to do and need a little advice. (There is absolutely NO smoking in the club that she wants to go to by the way)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think pregnant women do not belong in the club. Drinking or not, smoking or not. Just is not the place for pregnant women. Plus, you'll sure be the talk of the club if you go. I could hear it already!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Your going to be a parent and your not going to take an infant with you to a club. You can either go to the club and get it out of your system or realize that your not going to be able to and dont do it! the decision is yours, I personally wouldnt.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• lol...just because I'm going to be a parent does not mean that I'm never gonna get to go clubbing again. PLUS. I've never been before in my life and just wanted to see what it was like. And no I wouldn't take my child to the club but there are babysitters, not that i'd do it...but it is an option.
    Anonymous

• Oh and I might add, I'm only 4 months...don't even look pregnant.
    Anonymous

• i went to this place called dylans.
    ya they smoke there but not many do ... its a country bar and i even line danced . i agree that just because your gonnabe a mom doesnt mean you cant go out ..
    allmy girlfriends went out with us there too whenthey were pregnant lol we never see them now but when htey were pregnant they were there
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• go for it. if theres no smoking and you don't drink and are safe about what you do or don't do on the dance floor it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. its not like just b/c you are preg you have to sit around the house with your feet up all day and not move a muscle, its healthy to go out and be active. have fun!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If there's no smoking and you won't drink, I don't see a problem with it. I would go if I was pregnant as long as it was a non smoking place, and I'd just stick with water or juice all night to drink. As long as you aren't exposing the baby to harmful things coming into your body, I don't see the problem.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Go for it!
    Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you have to stop your life!
    Just modify it a little, keep hydrated with lemon water and leave before the rowdies get outta control.
    I went clubbing until I was 8 months preggers and my daughter is a happy,music loving baby. She came out no problems and she loves when I hold her and dance =)
    Make sure you stay clear of the crowds so you don't get bumped and you should be fine.
    Be proud of who you are becoming, and who you will be. If someone makes fun of you because you're there preggers, brush it off, it just means that when she's preggers, she won't have the confidence you have to go out and still have fun with your girls =)
    Have fun!!
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I say go, why not? Your pregnant! Because you are pregnant and going to become a mother means you can't do anything? Pa leez! GF go and have fun!
    Anonymous

• id suggest you just be careful of all the freaks out there. some ppl when in that kind of environment if they dont get what they want they get violent... u never know when someone might freak out.... so just keep in mind you gotta take care of yourself to take care of your little one, so just be careful and have fun!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 2:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2009