If you found out friends of yours were swingers, could you remain friends with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes. This has happend a few times - as long as they don't try to include my husband and I, I don't have any issues.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 2:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes. We have friends that we do still talk to that are swingers. My husband grew up with this guy and my husband is best friends with his brother. There are a lot of get-togethers with this large group of us that are friends and we do still see them a lot. It's not a big deal. They know where we stand on that subject and they don't talk about it in front of us. This personal choice of theirs doesn't directly effect us. They are still good people in our eyes, we just have different beliefs.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• long as they don't try to rope me into their beliefs, yeah. why not. I'm against it but I wouldndt not be friends with someone over it, long as they left ME alone :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We have friends that are. They call us their Vanilla friends since we don't swing LOL
    Anonymous

• Yea why not?
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I am friends with a couple that is polyamorous. They know we don't do that and they would never ask us to join them. I don't judge but I also don't want to frolic with my friends behind close doors....LOL

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I could remain friends with them but It would be weird to me. And if they ever tried to pull my hubby and I in to swinging...I'd have to drop them! lol
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No, I couldn't be friends with them. They wouldn't have the same values as me in the slightest.
    Anonymous

• I could befriend them if they had a need that I could meet, but I would not visit at their home. I would not want people to see me there and identify me with what goes on in their home. I probably would not go out to dinner with them for the same reason.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yea, why not? If they're not my type I expect them to respect that and not push the friendship solely for the swinging aspect. Otherwise, I'll welcome them. Makes no difference to me what their sexual orientation or preferences are.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2009