I am four days late for my period..negative test..Am I testing too early?

I never miss a period. My boobs start to become sore a week before my period and as of today they are still sore but no period. This is very unusual for me. I took a test today (4 days late) and its negative, yet, I'm not convinced. Is there something wrong with me? Am I ultimately convincing myself that I could be pregnant b/c I want to be so badly? Will someone help me? Please....

lady36

Asked by lady36 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Your testing when you should. Try and wait a few more days and retest. Sometimes the mind does over power the body and you notice symptoms that may not be true. YOu could be stressing yourself out and that is why your body is late this month. retest and if it still negative with no period in a few days then call your dr and they can do blood work.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Thanks for answering my question. Does the hCG hormone differ in each person or is it a set amount that should be present? I'm just confused.
    lady36

Answer by lady36 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• stress wont make you late for your period but it could have made you ovulate later than normal...GL!!
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• omg im 4 days late also!!!! i've been having the same symptoms...except i've been cramping alot and gaining weight. negative tests tho.

best of luck to both of us!
    Anonymous

• yes stress can delay your period, and alot of other things also.
    Anonymous

• I agree that stress can delay your period and honestly this is what it sounds like cause if you were pregnant then your test result would be very accurate right now cause your 4 days past due. Women can sometimes tell 5 days befor there period so thats my take on the whole thing. I feel for you though cause we too are trying but if I were in your shoes I would atleast take one more a week after my missed period to be sure sure. But like I said it should be pretty accurate right now so prepare your self befor taking that last test. GL
    Anonymous