Christians have you ever questioned your faith? (Christians only please)

Have you always believed or did something happen to pull you towards Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not a Christian (sorry, this board is open to all), but used to be, and yes I did question many time.
    My grandmother is a Christian, but she is constantly changing her denomination...
    I think it's only natural to question blind faith.
    Anonymous

• I was brought up Southern Baptist. About 15- or so yrs ago I read the whole Bible and my "religion" wasn't exactly how I read things. I kept being pulled, didn't know why. I, questioned it. Long story short. I am now "Spiritual". I am proud of my upbringing, but I do not follow it. I know who GOD is & my faith is complete! I've had "MANY PRAYERS ANSWERED" since then. MANY...he is my leader and I put all my faith in him. (Jesus). I pray to both. But once I pulled myself to the "spritual" side I just saw more and was calmer with my decisions and all. I've read all kinds of different books, and when someone asks me - I say Spiritual. I now just believe that their is more around us that we are taught to believe.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I was raised in church. I have no need to question my faith. It has always been there.

I dd question my church. I was raised Baptist. As an adult, I lived in a small town with 1 Baptist church. Two of my co-workers, (him the church treasurer and her the preachers wife) started having an affair. The fling spilled into the work place first. It got to where I couldn't stand to go to church because I knew the "guilty secret." It was very uncomfortable. Then of course the poop hit the fan and divided the church. Shortly before the church found out I decided to look for a new church.

I had gone to the Catholic church with a friend in college and was drawn to it first. I didn't leave. So for me it wasn't a matter of faith but a matter of church.

I am a very happy and faithful member of the Catholic Church now.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No I haven't. I've heard that for the bigger the sinners the more you are thankful for (forgiveness) I was headed for hell. This is why. I love this verse....Phil 1:21 "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain!" Walk by faith, trust as you pray be still and know He is God! God bless you.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 3:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I was raised as a Baptist and went to a Christian school from k-4th grades. My family was very religious. But when my mother was hit by a drunk driver and killed, I lost all faith in God. I thought that if God was so loving that he could never put a person thru that. I didn't wanna HEAR the word God.
    Then when I turned 25, I went thru a terrible time in an abusive marriage. And God found ME. So I don't think I ever stopped believing, even tho my faith was practically non-existent, Jesus lived in my heart. I just had to know that after all that time, I was still accepting of Him. And now, at this point in my life, I don't know where I would be without my faith.
    Faith is intangible, which makes it much easier to question... so you just have to feel it in your heart and never stop believing. And when you are secure in your faith in God and Jesus Christ, amazing things WILL happen! I hope you find your way.
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes. I think all Christians have questions and at times wonder where all of this fits and how. BUT, its in the questioning that causes the search which brings answers and strengthens faith. Don't worry that you question, but make sure you seek the answers from people who are qualified to answer. Choose people who are grounded in their faith. These people don't have to be ministers, priest, or any clergy. I think God likes it when we question. Free will and all that - you know.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• As far as questioning whether I believe, I'd be lying if I said I didnt have a moment or two of doubt now and then. But the connection i feel with God is too strong for it to last long. I have questioned "how" I believe, and searched until I found what I believe to be the closest to the biblical church.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• yes i have. i was raised in the Church of Christ & its the reason why i have a very UNlegalistic view of Christianity. the Church of Christ (the many ive been too) have a TON of non-Biblical rules or rules that come from badly interpreted Bible verses. many of them are so caught up on these silly rules that they forget the important rules of loving your neighbor, ect. so when i went to college i stopped going to church, thought the Bible was a stupid book of silly rules, & withdrew from everything Christ-y. but since my parents forced me to go to a Christian college i had to take a lot of Bible classes. the more classes i took the more i realized that it was my church's problems, not Christ's problems.

this was just a few years ago so im still working on my relationship (not religion) & figuring out what I believe instead of what i was told to believe. im MUCH happier this way haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• thank you for the responses and for those of you who had enough respect for my request to allow Christians to respond. I have been questioning my faith a lot lately.
    Anonymous

• Not once I began to have faith. i used to question it when i didn't though.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2009