Prego friendly work place.. does it exist?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where i could go to get a job, and fast, that is prego friendly? so far every place ive tried has given me the run around because im pregnant. wont give me a yes, wont give me a no....
but i have court on tuesday, and i need some kind of employment before i go, and rent due on the first and im 200 short so i need a paycheck before the 5th... any suggestions? This is driving me crazy not being able to take care of my house and my kids!

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 2:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What about a day care or cloths store, hope it helps
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Try a baby place, like babies r us, or Carters. I got a job at Carters very easily. Retail isn't usually too bad about pregnancy. Good luck!
    javila

Answer by javila at 2:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• babiesrus
    they will hire pregnant women and how awesome lol you get a discount on baby stuff lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well by the time you get a job and do training you probably wont have a check by the 15 as they usually run 2 weeks behind. How far along are you? Places don't have to hire you if your due in a month or so because they are wasting their time training you only to have you take time off and then they are out an employe. You can try a grocery store, being a waitress, wal-mart, target, gas station. Try finding a babysitting job or offer to clean houses, walk dogs, do grocery shopping for the elderly.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Daycare centers would be a good start. Maybe a baby clothing store or another kid friendly place. You could talk to the schools in your area, maybe they need some teaching assistants. The fast part is going to be tricky because the hiring process takes time. Drug tests and background checks take a while and you won't have a "yes, you're hired" before Tuesday. So, you might want to talk to some locally owned and operated type places in your area. If you find a really friendly face, maybe plead your case and be honest with them.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• im 29 weeks. so i still have a while to go. not due till end of june.... im even trying fast food! i dont care WHAT it is, as long as it gives me a paycheck and employment verification, that and getting out of the house and doing something constructive will make me feel SO much better... This is the hardest part of being a single mommy and being prego.....
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 2:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• unfortunately it is really difficult to get a job when obviously pregnant such as your case. The reason behind it for the employers is that they see no reason to hire the pregnant woman who will just get the hang of things by the time she needs to go on leave to have the baby. so they feel they should just hire someone who isn't going to need 8-12 weeks off in a few months.

and seriously, it takes at least 2 weeks to get your first paycheck from the date you start in most places, even as long as 3 weeks depending on when they pay. so a paycheck by the 5th is really an unreasonably goal this late in the month.
    Anonymous