Any suggestions on how to get your little one to crawl? My son is almost 10 months and hasn't crawled...

My son is almost 10 months and hasn't crawled...he turns on in circles on his stomach and pushes backwards. When he's sitting up he turns in circles on his butt and kind of scoots forward a little. When he stands at a table...he moves around well on his feet while holding on. Anyway suggestions to help the crawling process?

therese3

Asked by therese3 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The Docs used to tell me to leave my son on a blanket on the floor for 30 mins twice a day, and they might cry but they will start to , or maybe your son will go straight to walking you never know.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We put our daughter in the crawling position and moved her arms and legs for her and then we would crawl around on the floor to show her. She just turned 7 months and has been crawling for about 3 weeks now. Before she low crawled. You can try putting him in the position and holding him up until he moves his arms and legs. Practice a few times a day with him, once he gets it he wont stop.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My friend's daughter only started crawling around 13 months so I wouldnt worry too much...I know some babies don't even bother to crawl and just start walking.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Thank you for the input ladies. I put him on his stomach once a day and lay his toys around him and further away from him so he'll move towards them. He gets so cranky because he really wants to crawl, but doesn't realize how. I'll try some of the suggestions...thanks!
    therese3

Answer by therese3 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If it continues too long and you are concerned, I would suggest taking him to a Physical Therapist. My sons doctor referred us to a physical therapist for other reasons, but at his evaluation she said that some moms bring their babies to her just once to learn some techniques or tips to help "jump start" slow walkers or crawlers. Just a suggestion.
    Stormywaters03

Answer by Stormywaters03 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2009