What's your creation story?

There's the standard "7 days" creation stories in Genesis of the Tanach/OT (which I could recite it in my sleep! LOL) and there is the "Big Bang" theory. .. and each belief system has an idea/story about how the material world came into existence. I'd love to hear what you believe and why it's what makes sense to you. (I can't stop people from repeating the "because the Bible says so," and thinking that's a great answer, but I'd really love an answer that gives more depth than that, keeping in mind that we've all heard most of it before.) And PLEASE, other religions, share your thoughts and ideas, and the teachings of your faith and your interpretation of them!

Collinsky

Asked by Collinsky at 2:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well first there was the Flying Spaghetti Monster, who is, was and always will be. He got really, really drunk one time, and created the universe. First He created a mountain, then some trees, and then a midgit.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 4:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Im eclectic pagan so Im unsure of the exact teaching as many have different ideas.

However, personally, I think its a combo.

The Divine took what was out there in the universe to begin with and created a planet capable of sustaining life and then stepped back and let it take its natural course. Watching over it but not interferring with its growth and all that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• that a star imploded, causing a supernova.. because of the build up of gases, etc. the sun was soon created, creating more gravity with pulled together other particles which created the planets, the remaining dust and particles, etc, around the planets created their moons. Well that's the really short version of it, lmao.

anyways I'm atheist
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I believe that the Gods created the earth, and then shaped and guided life through evolution...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I believe the Gods created the earth and the Goddess nurtured its growth.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Here's the short form

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:47 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I believe that God created it all, exactly how it is stated in the bible. I dont believe it just because the bible says so. I believe it because I see the beauty and the intricacies of creation. In my opinion all of this could not have happened on accident.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The possibilities are infinite.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• LOL my 2.5boys. Want the whole story?? I can message it to you. Because after he did some awesome creating and hit the beer volcano, he stumbled out of bed thus creating the big bang when he landed on his...uhh plate? My DD has the book Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It's insightful, hilarious and full of exaggerations and blatant lies. But of course the disclaimer covers all that. I don't really have a creation story that I believe because I just don't care. If I actually had to think about it my head would probably implode. I wasn't there and it's just not that important to me. So in true Pastafarian form I reject all dogma and I am open to all possibilities.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• 2autisticsmom, where does noodly goodness come from?Is it the FSM? I think you should start an FSM study group.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009