daycare I need opinions!

Okay so right now at my job I'm seasonal and I work nights and my hubby works days and it works out perfect cause she doesn't have to go to daycare! The only thing that sucks is it being seasonal! I have a chance to go perm and get about a 6 dollar pay raise but it's during the day and I'd have to put Cade in daycare and she's 8 months old! There are pros and cons to both sides! what would you guys do?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 2:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YOu can always try family and friends before a daycare. YOu can also try a home care center as well. Its usually smaller amounts of children and more attention for the child. Be sure to interview the daycares and look around. Talk to parents and watch how they act around the kids. As a ton of questions no matter what you decide to do. Daycare is good to enrich their social skills and to teach them how to play with others. It can be good even great with the right provider and if you ask all the right questions when searching for your provider or center.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• How much more would you be making after getting the raise,, and then paying for daycare? I'd figure that out first. It may be that you will actually end up with the same amount by the time you pay for day care.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You can do a combo of daycare and family watching him. This is what we do. We send Ryan to daycare 3 days a week, and my mom watches him the other 2 days. It's great because she gets to spend quality time with him and loves it. None of my other family is available to watch him the other days since they all work too. And my DH's mom lives an hour away and works as well.

Personally, I LOVE our daycare. We don't have too many people that we know who have children around my son's age (almost 11 mo. now). If you decide to do daycare, do your homework. I found all of my information through my state's website. Everyone, daycare centers and in-home places, need to be licensed. They go through inspections and have to be recertified. They will name any inconsistences with the place on the website. Then go look at as many as possible. Ask a lot of questions. Go with the place YOU feel most comfortable.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2009