Have you seen the commercial...

where it says, 1 in 8 people are hungry? It then asks who the 1 person in 8 is that you know and tells you to support your local food bank.

For me, it is me. Times are so very tough right now, and even though I am eating I know it isnt nearly enough or the right variety. I do without so the rest of my family has it. I cant talk to my SO about it because he would be furious if he knew about the skipped meals when everyone is at work/school and the talk about my 'new diet' making me not hungry, was all lies.
I just had to get it off my chest. Its hard to be hungry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you are so hungry why do you still have an internet connection? i'm sorry to be "bashing" if thats the way it is taken, but you have to do what is right for your family, and well seems to me that would include cutting out the things that aren't neccesary, and the internet isn't. you and your kids can go to the local library or a friends house to use their connection if you have work or something that needs to be done. and you have to tell your husband, if he's the one that makes the money to pay the bills than he needs to know there isn't enough. or you need to try to find a part time job for while the kids are in school and that job can pay the monthly bill for your fun stuff. that is what we did while we needed to, he worked days i worked nights so we didn't have to pay for childcare, and we did that for about 2 years until we got onto our feet and i was able to stay home with our child again.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• So why don't you contact your local food bank or a local church or salvation army and get food for your family? I have not seen the commercial but we donate to the food drives all the time and if you lived near me I would let you shop in my kitchen or I would take you shopping.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yeah, I know how that is. I sometimes deliberately skip meals just to make sure there is enough in the house for everyone else. My hubby knows i do it, but there's not much he can do about it. He tried to force me to eat once and I ended up getting sick from it, so he has stopped trying to force me. But he still tells me off about it. I can't help it. There is a voice inside my head that tells me to worry about my family before me.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Heartbreaking....I know there are Angel Food ministries everywhere, contact a church, you don't have to be a member there to ask if they do it...that's a program where you pay like $30 but get a TON of food of all varieties. There may be people in your life who'd be willing to help if they just knew how bad it was. I hope things get better for you and yours in such a tough time.
    Stormywaters03

Answer by Stormywaters03 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Thats where I go. The library. They have a reading hour for toddlers and when they are doing their thing I come and check emails etc. We talked about me getting a job until things get better, but as of right now I am on a waiting list at the daycare to hold my 2 smallest while I would be working. Things will get better, they always do. I didnt mean to make it sound as if I was living off crackers or something. I know so many more are in desperate situations. I guess it has just been one of those months and I felt overwhelmed for the moment.
    Anonymous