How good are doctors predicting your due date?

I knew the exact day we had sex, new the first and last days of my period. I was as you can say counting. The doctor said she would be expected Aug 15, then after ultrasound Sept 18, then futher along sept 5th, then 2nd. then after complications scheduled c-section for Aug 21. well my daughter sets the rules she began pushing out Aug 19.. I think she was full term going off my period expected Aug 15. have your dates changed?

tall_mocha84

Asked by tall_mocha84 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Conception occurs 24-72 hours after intercourse so you never really know when you truly concieved.

I had three due dates throughout my pregnancy. My final due date ended up being the most accurate. Due dates are almost always wrong. EDDs from your LMP can't tell when you actually concieved and can be two weeks off. EDDs from Ultrasounds are more acurate but they guess your due date based on the measurements of the baby as compared to the average measurements of other babies. Some babies are bigger or smaller than other babies so this method isn't always spot-on either. Your baby comes when it wants to lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• According to my lmp I was due the 15 of Sept. At my first ultra sound at 9 weeks they said the 20th of Sept then at my 20 week they said the 15th and she was born the 14th. She measured small at 9 weeks and was only a little under weight at 20 wks due to me being so sick.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• They told me Aug 19 I had him Aug 20 8:15 in the morning
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• they always change the farther along you get just because the ultra ound goes fof measurments and well lol babies grow diff . if you were to go by my last ultra sound at 36 weeks so almost 3 weeks ago i would be like 45 weeks pregnant lol . just because how big she is
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• They are usually good about it once you do the 20 week ultra sound and they can measure the head and all the bones. Babies can come whenever they want and sometimes they are longer then expected or gaining weight faster so your due date can change based off the babies growth.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well, when I told them what i thought was my last cycle, I guess it was really implantation bleeding/spotting, They said Feb. 14. After my sonogram, they said March 9. and a later sono they said March 6, but, that the earlier was probably right. He was born March 11. So, they were pretty close. He was 2 days over.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:38 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The doctors were way off with my second child. According to my period, she was due January 12. After the first ultrasound, they said she was "measuring big," so they upped my due date to Jan. 8. She was born Jan. 13th! Funny because my first child was also a day late from my due date according to my last period. Doctors also can't guess weight very well. They guessed my son would be 7 lbs, but he was 9lbs. 3 oz. I didn't even ask about the weight with my second baby!
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I was due the 17th of November, by ultrasound. My son was born November 19th, 3:52am, 7lbs 14ozs & 19.5in
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• #1 was due june 27th, she came june 20th..#2 was due june 2nd, she came june 10th..#3 is due today and so far no labor.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• good luck with labour wishing you the best tnteaton..
    tall_mocha84

Answer by tall_mocha84 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2009