MY BOYFRIEND LOVE LISTENING 2 OTHER WOMEN PROBLEMS I THINK THESE WOMEN GET ATTACH ON HOW GOOD OF A MAN HE IS SHOULD I TELL HIM STOP TALKING 2 THESE WOMEN

friend22

Asked by friend22 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I personally believe that you don't have the power to control your boyfriend by telling him how he should act. Unless you want to feel some back lash & resentment he will feel towards you. That's a good way to loose him. Try not to be jealous of who he is. He could just be a great listener. If he loves you...you have no worries of him cheating. Always remember he is intimate with you & only you.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 2:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If you are secure in your relationship, and he is honest in what he says that he is happy with just you, trust him. Women usually like someone to just listen to them.
    Anonymous

• Why would you? If he is sensitive enough to care then let him as long as its talking and nothing else. Be thankful he gives a shit as most men could careless about female problems from their own SO. We all need someone we can talk to and not feel as though they are using our moment of weakness as a way to get in our pants. Let him listen to them if they trust him and he is being faithful and honest with you about it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Trust him... Without trust there is no way you will make it far.... trust is everything.
    If it gets to the point where you think there could REALLY be a problem, talk to him... Communication is key and if he is ok with listening to their problems he should be even more attentative to yours! but whatever you do, dont try to control him... thats a sure way to lose him. Goodluck!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 2:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I'm going to play devil's advocate on this one and say that if he respected that it bothers you then he would stop. I agree that trust needs to be a major factor in a relationship, but so does respect and commitment. On the flip side, if you talking to other men bothers him, then you should stop as well.
    *I am only talking about the women talking about problems, as this can lead to a deeper emotional attachment* Women attach with their minds, men attach with . . well . . . other parts.
    Anonymous

• You can tell him to stop, but it is unlikely that he will. This is who he is. It may mean that he is just a very caring person who likes to help others. Or it may mean that he is checking out the other ladies to see if there's one he might like to have. Either way, this is who he is and what he does. No man will change who he is just to please a woman. He might even tell you that he will stop, but more than likely he won't. So, my advice to you is to decide why he is doing this and then decide whether this is something that you could live with for the rest of your life, because if you stay around, you will very likely have to. If you don't want to live with it, then you should move on and find someone who better fits your idea of how a man should conduct himself.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If it makes you uncomfortable and he knows this, he needs to stop. Especially if this is going to be a long term thing. I personally don't think it's a big deal for him to be letting women confide in him, it would make me proud that he was mine... as long as it's JUST talking. But again, no answer to this question is really gonna make much of a diff to you if what he's doing is really hurting you. And if he is REALLY that sensitive of a guy, YOU are his girl... and he needs to put your needs before some other woman.
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• He just needs to highlight the boundary line . Y a know. I think he is putting himself in a vulnerable spot...If HE isnt strong enough to stick to the boundaries, he should keep distance.. But if he feels that he can set appropriate boudaries and stick to them then its okay.

It has a lot to do with how much you trust him ,verse other women. As ong as you trust him, and he hasnt given you any reason not to, just trust him and dont worry.

aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• trust yourself.
    MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Answer by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY at 4:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I've actually known guys who love to listen to the problems that women they aren't involved with have because it makes them see just how normal and well adjusted the women they ARE involved with are. Who knows, maybe he likes listening to them complain because it makes you stand out as someone even more special to him, as for them getting attatched, it's sad but if he's coming home to you then it's obvious that they aren't something he wants.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 11:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009