bedwetting son

I have a bedwetting child. He recently started wetting the bed. His cousin is coming to stay with us for a weekend. They ALWAYS sleep in the same bed together. They are both boys (9 and 11) and they just have always shared a bed when they have sleepovers. Its a cute thing of theirs. Now that he has started bedwetting, should they still sleep in the same bed together? He wants to keep his problem from his "cool older cousin" so I got him the boxer-style goodnites but even with those, think they can still sleep in the same bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Why is he wetting the bed? have you had him checked for a uti to make sure everything is okay. Its rare for a 9 year old to start wetting the bed for no reason. The good nights are a thin pull up for the most part or juvenile depends so he wont pee in the bed just in the good night. So if they want to sleep in the same bed he wont pee all over him, so if they want to share a bed he should be fine.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Why don't you ask your son if he still wants to sleep in the same bed with him? Thats what I would do - ask him what he wants to do and if hes still ok doing that with his boxer style goodnights on.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If this is something that just started, I would suggest asking a doctor. Any loss of previous skills at any age is not good.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 5:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You can cut fluids in the evening and to be really sure, wake him at 11pm and make him pee, this will help.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• ITS NATURAL I WET THE BED UNTIL I WAS LIKE 14, NO JOKE!
    Anonymous

• Is he a 3-4 yr. old? My son is 5 and can't hold it all night yet. It's no big deal, like another mom said, some kids can still wet the bed up to 13 or 14. It has to do with how deep they sleep, and blatter control. Ask him if he wants to still sleep in the same bed. Sleeping bags on the floor are also fun, and they have their own sleeping space.
    Clarkebar2

Answer by Clarkebar2 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 18, 2009