my husband comes home from work and eats dinner then goes to sleep. It drives me crazy because I am a SAHM and am with our two girls all day. I just want a little help when he gets home. I understand he is tired from a long day of labor, but I am tired of a long day of crying and chasing my little princess's around! He gets mad when I say something to him about it, what do I do?

maddisonjordyn

Asked by maddisonjordyn at 4:06 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• Tough one. Happens a lot. A good solution might be to let him have down time when he gets home. Not more than an hour, but some time to change, shower, nap, get into home mode. Next time after dinner after your kids go to bed, try to talk to him about it. If he won't budge, stop giving him the lovin', tell him you're "too exhausted from the kids all day" That might change his mind. LOL. Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 4:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My husband and I have the same situation. He comes home and is tired..But I give him and hour to himself and he sleeps usually the whole time but then he's up playing with our 2 beautiful children. I tell him "yes you go out and work..but my job is just as hard as yours, if not harder here at home!" he knows how hard it is to be a SAHM and he respects me.
    Anonymous

• LEAVE...No seriously. take a break somewhere else. If you are there he will rely on you to watch the kids...If you are not there he will take care of them. Go to lunch and a movie...you deserve a break! ...He will appreciate you sooo much more when you get home. It worked for me...hope it does for you too.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I agreed with the above person up until the part that say "stop giving him the lovin".. I can assure you that won't work and will only make things worse. when talking to him about it, make sure that you do it with love and not complaining or whinning, men hate that. Tell him that you understand that he works hard and that you appreciate him working hard, ask him if he thinks by him having a little down time before dinner could mean that he might give you the same in return .. start with only like 20 minutes or so, say maybe to take a bath or something like that... just time by yourself without the kids. Tell him how important it is to you and to your kids, they need mommy rested and clear minded... I know it is easier said then done, we had these issues up until my littlest one was over a year old... she is almost 2 now (she was a very demanding infant) and things have gotten better, he even helps around the house and takes care of the girls more and more. I am grateful!
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 4:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Take time off for you!! Go to the Spa or get a massage Have a day all about you!!!
    ericaanthony

Answer by ericaanthony at 4:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• hello!!!! let him rest!! you are home all day its not gonna hurt you!
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• Anonymous, you obviously have no clue. My husband's job is SO easy...he does a lot of nothing all day, while I have to listen to screaming fighting kids all day everyday. When hes not workign, he goes and does whatever he wants (goes and plays golf, goes to friends houses) while I still sit at home with the kids. SAHM's deserve a break! To maddisonjordyn, maybe set aside one day out of the week that he is off work that you can go and have your "me" time. Have lunch with friends, go get a manicure, something, just to get out of the house and away from the kids.
    sunshine2980

Answer by sunshine2980 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'd say do not have dinner waiting for him.... have a night where you fix it together and then go for a walk (the entire family). He should not be so tired as to having to eat and the go right to sleep, not healthy.
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have been dealing with the same behavior from my husband. The best solution was for me to get away for a weekend and let him get a dose of what it's like being at home. Since this cost money, I then got a part time job and work when he is off. I love going to work to get a break. Beware, though, because I do come home to even more work since my husband is a slob. You are not alone my friend!
    ski2dawn

Answer by ski2dawn at 7:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2008