wouldnt you be upset???????

well i am more then upset... im moving on the 28th and my brother is having a going away party for me and none of my friends are coming. i know people are busy but come on!! its not like i am moving an hour away im moving out of state i just dont think its very nice and i am really sad cause i thought they are my friends but i guess not. and no they are going to show up there because we dont hang out all that much cause i have my son and everyone sooo busy i dont know im just really sad...

krstqt123

Asked by krstqt123 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I would come to your party if I lived near you. Is it last minute or maybe they are surprising you and telling you they aren't coming. Have you thought about that? I know the feeling and it does suck. Have a good safe move.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Was it last minute? Is it at a bad time? I had a friend who had her son's birthday party in the middle of the day and in the middle of the week. Most people work and weren't able to come. So maybe it was poor planning. Have you tried asking these friends why they aren't able to come. Maybe give them a casual call and ask if there is a reason they aren't able to attend and that it would mean a lot to you if they would show up. Some people really are busy! You could suggest you have lunch or something one day before you leave since they aren't able to go to your party.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• ive tried calling everyone and no they dont answer the phone and no they wont just show up there cause they dont even know where my brother lives lol.... and my brother doesnt talk to any of my friends so i know they arent plannig anything like that lol.......
    krstqt123

Answer by krstqt123 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You know I moved out of state, got married, went "home" and had a reception (sp?) and NONE of my friends showed up. Not one! The only people that were there were family friends. I'm still hurt from it and it's been three years.

I guess the bottom line is- you've got your family that will always be there and your friends who will come and go. I'm sure it hurts- but you've still got your family that you can hang on to.

*HUGS*
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• sorry to be blunt but they obviously do not really like you. They would at least answer their phone if they were your friend( or return your call). Forget about them and meet new friends.. FYI whether you have kids or not friendships have to be maintained. If you have NO friends it could possibly be part your fault! Take a look at yourself and ask "what kind of friend am I?" and then work on the relationships that are important to you.
    Anonymous

• ok but you are a bitch to say such a think just to let you know
    Anonymous