should i brush my son's teeth?

my son is 7 months old and just got his first 2 teeth. i'm wondering if i should start brushing them or just keep wiping out his mouth with a cloth like i did when he didn't have teeth.

r_elizabeth2290

Asked by r_elizabeth2290 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They make a toothbrush that is soft and will fit over your finger and they also have baby toothpaste. You can also get a small soft toothbrush and stat letting him put it in his mouth and you move it around so he can get used to it until he has plenty of teeth and won't swallow the real toothpaste.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:02 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• they have this grins and giggles gum massager I used that for my son when he didnt have many teeth. i rubbed his gums and teeth. He's 2 now and brushes his own teeth all the time. He loves doing it. Better to start early :)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 3:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Our daughter just got her first 2 teeth as well and we bought her a toothbrush and she loves it. You can do either or. As long as your cleaning out his mouth
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We do with just water before bed. We use a little tooth brush.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009