What is the one thing you think you've ever wasted most money on?

Something you bought, or paid for and did in a single spend eg. a vacation you hated.

jackdaw

Asked by jackdaw at 3:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Me and my guy got a member ship at a recreation center to work out and when we went for our first time, I went to drop my son off at the kids center, and there we two 15 yr old girls to watch the kids and when I left and he started to cry they had no idea what to do, I picked him up and never came back
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I have no health insurance and had trouble finding one anyways because of my abnormal paps. I decided to try a type of program which helps "decrease" the medical bills and theres no contract. but I still had to pay a monthly fee. and really it didnt make a difference. sometimes i ended up paying more with the regular monthly fee ontop of the bill. I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I paid maybe $60 less on that bill with that program, but after paying the monthly fee I ended paying $100 something more in the end. what a waste of money!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• A night at Great Wolf Lodge. It was fun, don't get me wrong..But the room cost $250 to be 500 miles away from the waterpark, but the things included were expensive. We did buy a paw pass which gave us 10% off everything and after spending nearly $70 on a dinner with a not so good buffet, we smarted up and went to Quiznos the next day. After all was said and done, we spent nearly $500 at that place. My daughter and husband played some dragon quest where they went throughout the hotel waving some magic wand and that was $50. Would we ever go back? I doubt it. I did enjoy not having to worry about getting sunburned, but I think once was enough.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I didn't pay for it, but my cousin was getting married and she wanted me to go get my nails done with her. I am leery about that, because I've been cut before, so I just said I'd get my toes done instead. The woman got a little too aggressive on the buffing and cut me with the buffer on my toe. I was wearing open toed shoes in the wedding...not a big expenditure, but I thought it was a waste when they injured me. LOL.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Our mustang. It was 9000 dollars and we really wanted it. We paid cash for it but once we bought it we got pregnant and you cant fit an infant seat in the back of the car so We are always borrowing MILs car. Which is why we bought the car in the first place so we would not have to use her car anymore. Now I want to sell it but Its the only thing Hubby has got to buy thats "fun" in the last three years and he works so hard I dont want to make him sell it for a better car but IDK how much longer we can go without a new car.

lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Clothes. I ALWAYS buy clothes that I think I love at the store and I end up not wearing ANY of them x.x Terrible habit. I have at least 20 things in my closet that I have never worn and never will, I'm sure.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My husband and I bought a motorcycle one summer. Paid $4,500! We had it for one summer, we rode it a lot, but come winter time, it sat in the garage, then the next summer I got pregnant with our first child. We ended up selling it for what we still owed on it. It was fun at first, but we realized that was dumb of us! But I was working at the time, we had no kids, and had plenty of money.haha!
    AsaGarrett

Answer by AsaGarrett at 8:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Crap was our biggest expenditure before the kid. Tons of movies, eating out, buying random crap, Hubby make $1100.00 a week and we blew it all.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2009