Traveling with babies

My daughter (who will be 10 months at the time) are traveling to see my dad and step-mom next month. We have to take three seperate flights to get there and the trip will take about 7.5 hours. She hates to sit still. The longest flight is about two hours. Any ideas on how to keep her occupied on the plane? Should I just give her baby tranqulizers (just kidding)?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did you know that 95% of car seats are installed incorrectly? Since you are going on a long trip now would be a great time to visit a car seat technician and make sure your's isn't one of them.
    Anonymous

• I would pack both her favorite books and toys and maybe a few new ones. Keep her entertained by reading, singing, letting her stand on your lap and look out the window. Maybe going up and down the aisle a couple times, to stretch legs and talk about all the new things she's seeing. Be sure to bring a bottle or sippy so her ears can adjust. In the airport, let her roam as much as she can since she'll be so cooped up on the plane.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We just took a 10 hour car ride with my son and he did great. We bought new toys and didn't let him play with them until the trip... it helped keep him interested. And I also brought mini bottles of things to drink... breastmilk and juice (he doesn't usually get juice so he thought it was good stuff)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009