Im 39 weeks and i went to the doctor today and i got membranes stripped.

I was wondering if anyone who has had previous children could share stories if they have had their membranes stripped. Does it really work if your really ready and just need a little nudge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It didn't work for me, and it hurt like you know what!
    Anonymous

• Im going in next week for that.
    Did it hurt??
    Anonymous

• It hurts really really bad. Do you know what it entails?
    Anonymous

• I had mine stripped for my first. My husband was going to be in town for two weeks, so baby had to come early during those two weeks. While Dr. stipped the membrane, he realized that it wasn't the head that was down there, it was the bottom That was on a Monday late morning. Around lunch time, I had an ultrasound to confirm baby was breeched. Had a Dr. appointment the next morning to maybe try a version, or talk about a c-section.... My waters broke that night around 1am and I had my baby, by c-section, at 5:18am, before I could ever see a Dr. the next day. So, I guess it did expedite things!
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 3:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Mine didn't hurt... I mean, it wasn't comfortable, but it didn't hurt.
    sauterelledesil

• I had two c-sections, so alot of things haven't heard of, or had to endure. Why would you have to have membranes stripped?
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• it was a little uncomfortable. and it didnt speed up anything. but it definately got me mentally prepared: I was getting closer to the end!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• im afraid of having it done becuase i heard it hurts! but there is that chance it wont work at all if baby and your body isnt ready!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i think i tried everything but that to try to induce with my first... he was 2 weeks late... im hoping this one comes early but im not gonna get my hopes up!
    Let me know how it goes and if it works for you.
    it wont work unless your body, and baby are ready though.
    in my case my boy and my body werent ready so no kind of inducing worked... he came when he was ready- the morning before my last induction lol
    good luck sweety your getting there!!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 4:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Ugh, I had my membranes stripped and it hurt like hell!! It was horrible.

I had them stripped, lost my mucus plug that same night, then started to go into labor that same night. HOWEVER, my labor stopped and I didn't have my son until a week later, by csection.

ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2009