• In the Spotlight:

Not really a question...just sad....

I just for some reason needed to put this out into the great expanse that is cyber space. I have an elderly dog, she has been with me 15 years and developed a chronic health condition about 3 years ago. With treatment we have minimized most of her symptoms and I think helped her live a relatively happy and normal life. Sadly these health issues are catching up to her and for the last 2 days I have watched as she as slowly started a down hill slide. I have decided that it is time to end her suffering and when my husband gets home from work today he will be taking her in to be euthanized...
I am so sad and will miss her so much..... :-

wyldreams

Asked by wyldreams at 3:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pets

• awe hun, I'm so sorry. there's not much to say that will make it any easier, but I'm sure it will be quick and painless for her, and her suffering will be over. *hugs*
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 3:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• aww i am soo sorry to hear that. it is hard to lose any pet but one you have had for so long. god bless you.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I feel for you and your family!!! My best wishes are with you and yours
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 3:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• AWWW!! That is the worth thing in the world. It is just as bad as loosing a family member. damn, you have made me all sad now thinking about when my dog's say comes. ; [
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 3:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• A few months ago we had a appointment to our puppy down, he was 14-years old and could not walk anymore. Waited tell my Dh came home from work we ate dinner and he sat with us and as we where cleaning our dinner mess our baby died watching us clean up. It was very sad. We miss our Mikey
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Awwwwww... Kbmancine I am sorry dont mean to make you sad :( ugh this is so hard, and yet I am thankful that we as pet owners have this option to prevent long term suffering. Thank you all for your sympathies..
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 3:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Oh gammie I am so sorry that is so sad....my elderly cat (she was 19) died in Nov last year. I was sitting with her as she was laying in the bathroom. I had made up my mind that if she didnt get better I was going to call the vet in the morning. She was just lethargic and had gone off her feed the day previous. I got up to go eat dinner and I hurried through it so she would not be alone very long. Well she died while I was gone. No fanfare, no angels trumpets to announce it, she just went to sleep and peacefully slipped from this world...Now I am sitting here with yet another pet wondering if she will make it until my husband gets home....I wish I could take her myself but I am a coward and I cannot....
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 4:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. I dread the day I'll have to make that hard decision for my cat and dog. I hope your able to work past this difficult time. I know it may be hard to think about now, but sometimes getting another pet helps with the grieving process. Our family dog died in Sept. and my parents got a new puppy in Nov. I think it helped them move past their grief with putting down our old dog.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• atleast you know she lived a full life and to the fullest! just think of all the good memories you have together. 15 years worth. i had to put my dog down right before we turned 16..i had him since i was 9 months old. he just couldnt walk anymore and we knew it was time. he was like my k-9 brother. it was hardest on my mother. now i have a 9 month old puppy that i know when her time comes im just gonna die as if one of my own children died..but atleast i know i have a full life with her and i get to spoil the shit out of her!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i am SOOOOO sorry to hear that. I had to get rid of a dog recently and i stil cant stop crying, be sad for as long as you need that dog was clearly a part of your family
    Anonymous