does sex drive decrease/increase after hysterectomy?

I will have surgery in 3 wks and not sure what to expect!

p.macias

Asked by p.macias at 3:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• It's individual.....and I also think it's about how much garbage you read and believe!
    I had a supra-cervical hysterectomy 6 years ago. I only got rid of my uterus, it was very sick. I have my cervix, tubes, ovaries. I had the big cut (like a c-section). I've never had to take hormones, as my ovaries are still very active. I sometimes have a cycle....just no bleeding. I am only starting peri-menopause now (I'm 51). I have a VERY healthy sex life....like every day, every other day. But I've always had a very strong sex drive to begin with.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:05 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I probably shouldn't answer this question but I saw Fran Dresser on the show The Doctors?? I think thats what its called. But she was talking about how her sex drive increased after and she was still able to self lubrecate and the whole nine

hope this helps
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 6:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2009