ARE DOING CRUNCHES BAD WHILE PREGNANT?

MichelleRothgeb

Asked by MichelleRothgeb at 4:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know for sure but I'm pregnant and I wouldn't even think about doing crunches...1 because it would be soo uncomfortable and 2 it just doesn't seem like it would be okay to do them. That's just too much going on in your stomach/uterus region.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• your supposed to be careful with your stomach . i personally wouldnt do that
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• duh!
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 4:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• lol a litlte ineffective don't ya thing? Since some of your muscles seperate to accommodate the belly
    Anonymous

• Im not sure about this. I was doing body pump at the ymca before I was pregnant. I found all this information of way to change the routine for when you are pregnant onthe lesmills website. I decided just to stop all together because if something was to happen..I would always feel responsible. I still go to the gym reg and work out with light weights. I however did stop the crunches, but I remember reading in that lil pamplet that it was ok as long as you didnt do any twists. Ask your doctor. My doctor told me I could do whatever I wanted...that the womb is stronger then you think. I think its all personal preference!!..
    KylonsMom

Answer by KylonsMom at 4:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Keeping the muscles in good shape is smart. There are options that might be more helpful as the low back and bulk issues in the later part of pregnancy made a crunch very unlikely for me.
    Ms.Upinyourface

Answer by Ms.Upinyourface at 5:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2009