If you had access to a nanny cam, would you use it? And if yes, would you tell the nanny/sitter?

joannakitler

Asked by joannakitler at 4:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Heck yeah I would! And no, I wouldn't tell her.
    Anonymous

• Agreed with previous poster. You can never be too safe when it comes to your child!
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Why would you tell her you had it? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If you feel the need to buy one, then I think you should look for another nanny...You should already feel 100% safe with the person who is resposible for your child, or they should not be watching your baby.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If I had to have a nanny, I would consider one.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• If I had a nanny, then I would install one.. and not sure weather I would tellthem or not. Knowing that eyes are watching could prevent anything happening... on the other had, them not knowing would give you a chance to see them in their true colors.

But I would be inclined to tell them, so that they know I was watching them!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes, if I had access to one I'd use it. And I doubt that I'd tell the nanny.

My sister homeschools a 4-year old girl in her home while her parents are at work all day and the mother told her on day one that she has a nanny cam but my sister doesn't know where it's at. But she probably told her for prevention of any possible problems.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 9:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• thats a hard question. To tell or not to tell. If you don't you risk your child being severly abused or even KILLED...if you do tell, you will probably prevent that, but they will likely abuse another child in the future and you could've prevented.

This is why I don't have sitters other than close friends every now and then.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009