anyone who has children with/or have had tubes..

my son has tubes. and i know it's not okay for him to be in dirty water such as beaches and things like that.. but what would happen if he did? not saying he did, i was just wondering if it was really a big deal if he did or not.

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 4:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son had tubes and as long as he has ear plugs in he should be fine they just don't want any water in the ear period. I use wax plugs then I got a speedo headband to go over the ears cus he is 20 mos and picks at things. We have had no problems.
    dingyboo

Answer by dingyboo at 5:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The bacteria in the dirty water can cause an infection.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Earplugs prevent water dirty/clean from getting into ear so it doesn't cause an infection
    dingyboo

Answer by dingyboo at 6:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I ALWAYS have earplugs in my daughters ears when she is around water so it doesn't get in there
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 8:03 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The water gets directly into the inner ear and can cause infection which is harder to cure than middle ear infections.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• BASICALLY THE TUBES ARE HOLE IN THE EAR AND IT CAUSES A TUNNEL TO LET THE WATER IN.
    SO IT WOULD BE LIKE YOU POURING DIRTY WATER INTO THE EAR DRUM.
    NOT GOOD.
    dita

Answer by dita at 10:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2009