WHY DO PEOPLE LIE

friend22

Asked by friend22 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• For attention is my guess.
    Anonymous

• I am wondering if some people do just to amuse themselves...
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• because they are cowards and dont have enough "balls" to tell you the truth. one because they dont want to accept responsibility for their actions and/or two they dont want to have to face the consequences.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• to see if they can get away with it

Answer by admckenzie at 4:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Because in reality they are cool enough so they lie to make themselves look better, in some cases anyhow
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• For a miriad of reasons. Think back to a time where you've lied; why did you do it?

It is usually for avoidance. To avoid a negative outcome, to avoid hurting someone's feelings or to avoid consequences or responsibility for their words or actions. Even when lying isn't meant to be harmful, it is about avoidance. Ethically speaking, many people feel that truth is a secondary justice. Meaning that while truth is good, it isn't necessary when the truth is harmful (this occurs in situations where you're debating whether or not to tell a child they're terminally ill or whether or not to tell someone something about themselves that would no doubt psychologically harm them). Lying or not telling the complete truth can also avoid uncomfortable social situations. Instead of telling you that I hate what you made for dinner, I'd rather just say that I'm not hungry lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Because EVERYONE lies.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 4:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• sorry I meant to sat aren't cool enough
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• November- ha when I hate the food I definitely say I am not hungry... hahaha... everyone probably does that. Good post though MAMA
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Are you trying to reach a daily total for asking questions here?? omg
    mom2eliandjayde

Answer by mom2eliandjayde at 6:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009