WHO SHOULD WEAR THE PANTS MOMMY OR DADDY

friend22

Asked by friend22 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I think mom and dad have different roles but should both "wear the pants" equally within the roles that they have in their children's lives.

If you're talking about decision making for the child, I always consult my husband, however, ultimately the decisions are up to me. This is because I am a SAHM, I know my son more intricately than my husband does because I am with him all the time. My husband trusts me to make good judgements based on patterns I've noticed with our son. To other families in other situations, this may not work for them.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Both 50/50
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 4:56 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Skirts are as powerful as pants.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Um... both. Although in our home my hsuband is the head of our home, and if it comes to a differance in opinon that can't be compromised, I will submit to his decision. (that is MY own personal beleife system, and I do not except any other woman to follow it or understand it. But it is what works in MY home, and I would not have it any other way)
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Im all for a 50/50....
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We are a team. There are areas he is much better at and areas I am better at. On occasion we disagree and usually he defers to me. But that is just his personality.

As far as 50/50 that's fine if its sharing responsiblity, but your commitment should be 100%/100%
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It is important to present a united front when dealing with the children. As far as other responsibilities, I make decisions about homemaking, my husband makes decisions about finances. He isn't interested in homemaking, I don't understand and don't have interest in finances. I love him so I ask his opinion on other matters. If we don't agree, then we discuss it until we feel comfortable that the best decision has been made.

Answer by Bmat at 5:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It depends. If they both work and neither spends all their time with the kids then both. But if either is the stay at home parent then they should wear the pants when it comes to the kids. When it comes to anything else it should be as equal as possible.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• 50/50 that how I look at everything
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 9:41 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Parenting should be an equal thing with both parents giving 100%.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2009