Do you believe in water baptism?

Do you believe that you need to have a water baptism to be born again/saved??
I have been having decisions with different people & the views are very interesting.

hannahsmom0107

Asked by hannahsmom0107 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. The Bible says you must be immersed in water to be baptized.
    lisafc

Answer by lisafc at 2:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• yes John the baptist baptized Christ so if he who was w/o sin needed to baptized like that then we too must! Christ was baptized to set the example for us!
    nacarmom06

Answer by nacarmom06 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Baptism is part of the public knowing of your salvation, but not necessity for salvation. The only requirement is asking the Lord Jesus to forgive your sins and believe in him. Baptism should follow but is not required, and the Christening of infant children in our beliefs does nothing.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you should get baptized. 1 Peter 3:27 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first anonymous answer. God does command us to be baptized as an outward showing of our salvation. First you must willingly accept Christ and then be baptized. I don't believe in baptizing a baby, it does not save them.
    DevinAnnesmom

Answer by DevinAnnesmom at 5:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Exactly what she said: Baptism is part of the public knowing of your salvation, but not necessity for salvation. The only requirement is asking the Lord Jesus to forgive your sins and believe in him. Baptism should follow but is not required, and the Christening of infant children in our beliefs does nothing.
    Amy514

Answer by Amy514 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes, as they describe in the bible.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 6:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes, I do. My children were both Christened. in Water. I think its a wonderful thing. And since my children are now older 8 and 9 they agree , they are glad that I got there's done.
    MOMofTwo_99_00

Answer by MOMofTwo_99_00 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• YES! You are to be immersed in water to be babtised!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If you are saved but not baptized, you will still go to heaven when you die. Being baptized is not a requirement to get into heaven but having Jesus in your heart is. We just baptized our daughter in church on Father's Day but really it was us as a family making a committment to raise her in the church according to God's word and when she's older, if she chooses to confirm her baptism that's her own decision.
    bretsnag

Answer by bretsnag at 10:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008