Abnormal pap smear

Just went to the doctor today to get an IUD but i didnt because i have an abnormal pap. Never have had one the only time was when i was preggo with my daughter and it was HPV. Now im really freaking out. Has any one else had one and what happened to u?

april2505

Asked by april2505 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• I had HPV an dI had to have it removed. They took the cheese cutter looking thing and cut it out. I have to have paps every 6 months. So far so good. Alot of bleeding after, a bit of pain, but keep checking.
    mamanpnk

Answer by mamanpnk at 7:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• yeah i had one after lil man was born. I went back in 6 months later & it was clear.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I have never had an abonormal pap but my mom would have one every few years. They couldn't figure out why her paps were coming back abnormal so eventually she just got a hysterectomy just because the waiting for test results was killing her. Sometimes it's nothing and other times it can just mean you have some abnormal cells (not always cancerous) that they will have to remove. Not a big deal. Just try your best not to worry about it. Usually if you have kept up with your paps every year, if one comes back abnormal and there is a problem, they almost always have caught it in time.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Your HPV is probably back. HPV doesn't always clear up completely and can stay with you for the rest of your life. Although, in some cases it goes away and never comes back.
    Anonymous

• I have had an abnormal pap. I think it was because I had had sex recently. Anyway, the next was normal.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009