What do you think about the anonymous choice?

Do you agree that the anonymous choice should be taken away from the selection when someone is answering your question???

I feel like its an open target for someone to attack/bash and stab at you with out the courage to show themselves... Just read through some of these posts....

I do agree that you should be able to post a question anonymously though.

lvnmygrlz

Asked by lvnmygrlz at 5:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in About CafeMom

• no, because I think people have a right to some sort of privacy. Personally, the anons dont bother me. I think its funny because I wait and see what rude comment they are going to make. I am almost convinced its just one or two people who stir up all the trouble. They are doing their best to rile everyone up and they are succeeding. I think that if an anon has a nasty rude or annoying comment, then we shouldnt even acknowledge them. Thats all they are looking for...attention. Hey, negative attention is better than no attention at all. Most people learn that if they have been a mother for any length of time. Lets stop giving them what they crave and feed off of instead of trying to control them.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• People will always use a good (or neutral, neither good nor bad) thing for the wrong reason. However, it does exist for a good reason as well and I would hate to see that stripped away from people should the anon choice be removed.

I think we'd see a reduction in truthfulness and a reduction in helpfulness. There are a lot of moms here with very personal questions. Sometimes people want to be able to open up to them and share personal experiences on their own (without knowing the person very well) but won't do so without being anon for fear of being judged. Some of us have family members that might or may not google stalk our screen names on various sites to see what we say. The anon button is helpful for that too.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I think of it as a security measure. Sometimes I want to share something with others that might be offensive (I'm not meaning to hurt feelings, they just might not agree with what I've said or done) and I'm afraid they'd harass me or my family. We're all responsible for the safety of ourselves and our families on the internet. I don't post a whole lot using my screen name because I want to be able to contribute without sharing too much with strangers.
    Anonymous

• NovemberLove.

I can see that as well... I guess Its just frustrating that some people take it to extreme measures and use it for negative purposes...

lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 5:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Who cares? This question is asked everyday and twice on tuesday. You need to discuss your concerns with CM administration.
    Anonymous

• i actually see rude known and anon posters run neck in neck. Moms get deleted with known names and as anons. There's such a loooooooooonnnnnnng history through in Answers of questions and answers, it's hard to find any thing much less rude or not rude I think. Maybe you're not going far enough back in Answers' answers? I don't even know if only anon answers can be brought up. I've posted questions about God with a request to be polite and named screen names, not anon were nasty. it just depends on what's going on when we're all getting ready to ask and respond maybe? Answering anon myself my answers in Answers aren't under my own screen name any more for some reason. i guess they stopped posting those back to anons. Twice I've really been thanked by newer responders for being a nice responder plus being anon!!! Alot of nasty answers come in under God questions. Guess every one's really strong there for the most part.
    Anonymous

• Thats all they are looking for...attention. Hey, negative attention is better than no attention at all. Most people learn that if they have been a mother for any length of time. Lets stop giving them what they crave and feed off of instead of trying to control them.

Ya know...Your 100% right! They are feeding off of it...
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 5:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2009