• In the Spotlight:

how do u get your man to open up ?

lovemy2kids2819

Asked by lovemy2kids2819 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Is he the emotional robot kind or the guy that makes jokes when he's uncomfortable? I just stress the importance of communication. "I feel ___ about our relationship, and here's why." Open up first but don't cry or get really upset b/c that's usually when men tend to shut down. And don't say "we need to talk" b/c that is an automatic shutdown. Just catch him when he's in a good mood, not watching sports, and maybe after a good dinner. It's all about the timing. Good luck.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 6:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I once tried taking a can opener to his head ,hahahah, just kidding, look, some people don't get my humor. actually I met a few guys in my day and if you can find the answer to that your'e an alien.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:21 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Lets see,first I have to pour hot water on him to break the ice shell he crawls in to. Then I call the firemen with the jaws of life to pry his mouth open. After that it is pretty easy, but those first few steps are a dilly.
    Anonymous

• some men don't want to open up. Read the book Men are from Mars and Women from Venus and it will help you understand. I'm sure the author John Gray has a website for a brief synopsis if you prefer not to read the whole book.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009