• In the Spotlight:

How long can you freeze breast milk?

ok I've been pumping and saving my milk now for about a month... different articles and books say different things... usually they say you can freeze your milk for 3-4 months in a freezer attached to your refridgerator... now I read something today that says you can save it that way for approximately 30 days.... I'm so confused... help me breaST FEEDING MOMS. i'M NEW AT THIS

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 5:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ive heard alot of things from similac i heard about 6 months
    from gerber i heard about a month
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Freezer compartment inside the refrigerator: up to 2 weeks
    Refridgerator freezer where the freezer has its own door: 3-4 months (although do not put the milk in the door. Put it towards the back of the freezer.
    Seperate deep freeze: up to 6 months.

Never thaw and re-freeze for re-use (it's best to store and thaw in small quantities to avoid waste). Use thawed milk within 24 hours of thawing.

Hope that helps!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Up to 3 months in freezer.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I keep my milk in the deep freeze and I think it keeps there for a year... although the longest it's been there is 6 months.
    Freezer on your fridge- 3-4 months
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2009