Constant coughing?

Seriously if my 3 yo doesn't stop coughing we are all going to go insane. It's the dry, tickle in the throat cough that's constant never stopping; it hasn't stopped for 2 days maybe 3 nights. I took him to the ER Wednesday night, but they just said he has a cold. We've done the vaporizer, Vick's on the feet and putting socks on, cough medicine, nasal swabs, steam from the shower- you name it we did it. When my husband gets home I'm going to get some nasal spray- his dr recommended trying it and if it doesn't go away by Monday to bring him in. He has a history of RSV and is almost an asthmatic ( if that's possible ), so we've also given his breathing treatments, we have a nebulizer at home. Nothing has helped, can anyone suggest anything else? Please!!!!

izyandchrismomi

Asked by izyandchrismomi at 5:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• allergies
    Anonymous

• yeap allergies. My son and daughter both get it this time of year. ask you dr about claritin or zertec. My kids use zertec and no more cough.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• we bought a ionic purifier, it works great, my daughter is coughing less and less runny noses.
    casd

Answer by casd at 5:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Thank you for your answers, I will call Monday and ask. He was on Singulair a couple of years ago, and we had him take it whenever he was going outside to play in the spring and summer and I think it helped.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 10:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009