Just got contacts- is this normal?

I just got oasis acuveiw (sp?) i noticed that they are the most comfortable contacts i ever worn, can hardly even notice when i had them in, i did however have trouble getting the left one out, and after putting my glasses on i notice now that when looking at something up close for example, like my hand, everything else goes OUT of focus, in the background, for awhile everything was blurry in the background a little bit double, i am not sure if it has always been this way or if it is something new because of the contacts, i asked my husband if things were blurry when he focused on his hand and he said it was, so it suppose to be like that? i am also very tired and that might be some of it.. will wearing the contacts most likely be ok? i have a mom who is legally blind and dont want to do anything that could somehow mess my vision up!..more

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• I want to make sure I am understanding you: after you took the contacts out, looking thru your glasses things up close look blurry? Is that right? If it is: Were they blurry at all with the contacts in? Are your glasses new like the contacts or are they the glasses you wore before? If they are glasses you wore before, it may be that your vision changed, even just a little bit, and the contacts are stronger than your glasses, and therefore, you now see that the glasses are not accurate. That can easily be solved by ordering new glasses to match the new prescription. If they are new glasses, it may be that the prescription isn't quite right, or it could be normal. I've never had a problem like that, that I can recall, but I've also never tried it on purpose, so it may be the same for me. You can always call the eye dr., and I would recommend it, explain it and see if they can explain it or if they are concerned.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No what i meant was after wearing the contacts a few hours when i took them out and put my glasses back on like when looking at my hand, it looked like it always did but things around it, like in the background are blurry when i try to focus on my hand, i first noticed it when i was feeding my son, he was clear, but things around him werent when focusing just on him. the glasses are about 2 months old and the contacts are the same script or really very close according to my eye doc.
    Anonymous

• kind of like when your reading a book, you focus only on that... i know that is normal but it happens with everything now and im just not sure if it always has
    Anonymous

• Its normal give your eyes a about two weeks and it goes away. Happens to me when I change contacts perscribtions.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 6:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I think it's too soon. wait for your eyes to adjust
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 6:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I think they are fine. Give them time to adjust. I will say that I have the Oasys also and I LOVE them. They are so thin and comfortable. I wear them constantly for 2 weeks straight. It says continuous day and night wear for a week but I stretch that out lol. These are the only ones I have been able to sleep in, and wake up and they not be all gooey and gross. They are harder to get out though because they are so thin. The little boogers are hard to get a hold of! That will just take some getting use to. The first time I tried to get them out it took me forever. LOL
    Anonymous