Do you think having Pagan temples would help you identify yourself as a Pagan?

Or do you think if we had temples that we would be giving up our sense of identity? Everyone is welcome to respond. But let's keep it nice.

pnwmom

Asked by pnwmom at 5:51 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not "officially" Pagan, but I share a lot of Pagan concepts as part of my belief system. I think having grown up going to the Kingdom Hall (as a JW) & then attending a Christian Reformed church in my very young adulthood, I would really appreciate if there where somewhere I could just "go" (although, in my case I' probably run, LOL), in order to talk to others IRL, ask questions, and find people I could intereact with who are more experienced in this faith, that I could learn from. But, that may just be all of that "indoctrination" I experienced growing up that just makes it difficult for me to go with the flow & design my own path. Idk, I'd appreciate a Pagan temple, though, for sure.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 8:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My temple is right here.peace
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• By sense of identity I mean the world being your temple. Some want a place to identify with and meet and great with other pagans.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It would be nice to have a place to meet other Pagans. and have shrines to the God and Goddess. if other religions can have that why can't we?
    Anonymous

• Maybe if it was an outside gathering area that was open to nature.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 6:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Outside with shrines and a labrinth or something like that. And the grounds are maintained by volunteers. Nice idea progenitor.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I think it might be nice but I think it would end up like some churches....some go while others stay at home cuz they find their peace and spirituality internally and with family then in a building.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I go to the natural springs here in florida. The trees and plants and 99.9% purewater from the springs is all the holy water I need. The shrines are all around us. People do need support I guess. that means I have to get dressed...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I think it's a nice idea.
    Anonymous

• There are... Of course most of them are ancient and or being distroied... I wouldn't mind having one around but I don't really think they are neccessary. I mean, by the nature of the religion most of us are solitary... But it would be nice to have a "meeting place." We could have all organic Spagetti Dinners... lol...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:23 PM on Apr. 17, 2009