can u help.. .

i watched oprah yesterday..topic..internet predators etc...john walsh was on..his son adam walsh was kidnapped..decapitated and the rest of his body was never found. the adam walsh act which says all predators..sex offenders etc. have to register and it has to be known in all our states so they cannot go from orlando to new york and hide. the bill is up in july. oprah had her staff write a short straight to the point letter..all u have to do is print..sign and send. i am getting signatures on my one letter. maybe u can do the same.. . lets save our kids. when u r done..mail it to your senate..they have to hear us so that they can pass the bill again..so sad that they just dont do it.. please..spread the word..please..go to www.oprah.com..on top it will say adams act..please..thanks and may our children continue to be safe & sound.. .lets do it for those who did not make it..imagine it was your kid.. .Heaven forbid..

ta2craze

Asked by ta2craze at 6:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm right there wit ya , where I live at there is a pedophile in every other house and many by the schools which sickens me.
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i'll do it! as parents, we have a right to know. i dont care whether they've "reformed" or not. for some reason, they did it once. that means it could certainly happen again.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 6:27 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I was relieved when I checked my area and there weren't any for miles. Still . . . my daughter will never be outside by herself!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I don't think they can ever reform ... it's a sickness in their brains for which there is no cure! If it was up to me, they would all be killed.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I check our neighborhood every month. But my boys are never outside without someone very close.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I just wanted to check my neighborhood again and there is a $10 charge now? What is the website you use?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Never mind, I found it . . . www.meganslaw.com now charges a $10 fee . . . ridiculous!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• what is the free sight? i just remember the last time i checked was about 6 months ago, since we have gotten many new neighbors. btw, i already have people signing mine, i saw that episode too. this world sure is a scary place to live...
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Check for local sites. Our county sheriff has a site with them all in our county. We can search and we can also sign up for email updates if one moves into our area.
    Anonymous

• thank you all sooooooooooooo much.. .
    ta2craze

Answer by ta2craze at 9:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2009