I give my baby only breast milk, last night my husband tried to him formula and he spits it out, I have to go back to work in June so I dont know what to do if he wont take things from the bottle.

nessy1980

Asked by nessy1980 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a diff formula one easier to digest
    your baby will have to get use to it .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• what kind of bottles did he use...pump and give your baby breast milk in a bottle....it's probaly that he just doesn't like the formula....you can't go from breastmilk to formula in one sitting you got to gradualy do it.
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 6:20 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• try pumping for awhile and then slowly incorporate formula in. thats what i've been told works
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• give him pumped breast milk and see if he takes it. fomrula tastes awful, esp for a booby baby.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I would try formula with breast milk mixed in. Mix the formula like regular. Add a little bit to start out to your breast milk. Then each time increase the amount of formula you add.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• yes, trying mixing them and slowly weaning him off of breastmilk if that is what you are doing. If not just give breastmilk alone in a bottle, he will get use to the bottle eventually.
    Anonymous

• I have the same exact problem My baby is three month and she is set in her ways when it comes to breast milk. She wont take a bottle and I have to go back to work also. I decided though that the best thing for my baby would be to breastfeed her and not go back to work yet. I am not going to go back to work bc I dont want her on formula and I feel she needs me now to take care of her.
    Anonymous