Why don't we just random drug test everyone?

No one has the right to do anything bad to their bodies ever. Don't forget to add alcohol, tobacco and caffeine.

I know I want the govt to have more control and be in the middle of my private business.

Friday

Asked by Friday at 6:24 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:28 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• That sounds expensive. How bout we just stick to testing those receiving gov't funds to keep costs down? ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:29 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I agree, I admit I like coffee, and energy drinks, but don't drink alcohol, never tried smoking, and don't do illegal drugs.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Definelty.....Especially people who speed on the road.....they have to be either high or drunk. I say go for it. LOL (sarcasm)
    Anonymous

• If a private citizen is earning their own money and spending it how they see fit, that is one thing. Drug testing would be an invasion of their privacy.

If they are receiving government funding, it is not outrageous that there should be qualifications for that funding. I don't think the point is about what adults are putting into their bodies. The point is no doubt what the free money they are receiving is being spent on (disability/welfare etc.). Is it that horrible to ask that people who are recieving money from the government to not use it on drugs and to prove they aren't? We see stipulations on gifts all the time. For my scholarships, I had to maintain a certain GPA and could not have any misconduct complaints from the colleges I went to.

It's silly to expect to be able to take charity money and do whatever you want. If you're under someone's kindness, you are under their stimpulations too like it or not!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• really? it just seems so intrusive.
    have you ever read '1984'? it didn't go so well in that fictional scenario.
    i'm not knocking you, here. if thats your opinion, im sure you have your reasons. im just one of those people who doesn't agree. i have nothing to hide but i love my privacy. i think lots of people feel the same.
    i fear you're going to get attacked with angry answers... good luck!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 6:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I'm not paying for it.

Yes, I do have the right to my coke, my sweet tea, a glass of wine and on a rare occassion a Krispy Kreme donut. These rights were secured for me by those that fought and won the American Revolution, some of which were my ancestors. These rights are held secure for me by my military husband and others who stand that line with him.

BTW, I will pay for my own coke, tea, wine and donut.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• In addition, there wouldn't need to be laws about what things adult chose to put in their bodies if adults didn't act like aboslute morons while those things were in their bodies. It's ideal and a lovely idea to be able to say "I'm an adult and no one can tell me what I can and can't inject/injest/inhale or otherwise absorb." However, you're not the one whose husband almost gets murdered on a nightly basis responding to 911 calls for the nut job running around naked on PCP trying to kill people with a hatchet lol. Hopefully you'll never know as many people as I have who have been killed by a drunk driver. If people KNEW better than to spend their government money on FOOD for their kids instead of DRUGS, this would never be an issue. If we acted like adults withour various substances the government would never have to treat us like children in the first place lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:35 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The OP's post was tongue-in-cheek guys lol.
    NovemberLove

• i was hoping there was sarcasm involved. but you never know! lol. my MIL said something VEEEEERRRYYY similar the other day.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 6:39 PM on Apr. 17, 2009