what would you do?

my cousin watched my DD for me the other day for all of 15 minutes. In that 15 minutes she decided that my 9 month old is old enough for pineapple delight pie!!!! UM NOOOO!!! now dd has a serious diaper rash because of it. I was so mad well yesterday when i realized it. and what makes me even more mad is on easter my whole family was telling me how ridiculous i am because i wouldnt let them feed her chocolate and resses cups and blow pops!!! I dont care what any of them say i will decide what goes into my DDs mouth not them!!!! Do you agree or am i nuts?? They all made me feel stupid and do it everytime i see them im so fed up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your the mom, stand your ground.
    Anonymous

• Some parents are fine with a little taste of chocolate or the occaional blow pop (which are good when they are teething). BUT if it isn't what you want your child to have then they should respect that. Just let them know that there is plenty of time for her to enjoy candy...right know just isn't the time. Remember there intentions are good...even if misplaced.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:42 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I agree with you. Not only because you are right but because you are the mom and they need to respect that. Nothing should be fed to your daughter without them asking first. How do they know she doesn't have allergies? How do they know what stage she is in so that she won't choke on what they give her.

If you're challenged again, I would inform them that the pineapple gave her an allergic reaction (more or less. It'll get your point across) and that you mentioned the other things to the doctor and the doctor said "no." If they'll give you a hard time, just blame it on the doctor. That's what I do. I have family members that might think I'm stupid but they won't argue with the doctor's advice.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• No. You are so right. It's your child not there's why don't people respect that. It's like when my MIL lets my boys do whatever they want....NO! I agree that grandparents are allowed to spoil them a bit but follow the parents rules and wishes. Stand your ground Momma! Screw them
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I refuse to even give my 8 month old juice because of all the sugar in it let alone any type of candy or chocolate. He might get a jar of banana yogurt for dinner that's about as sweet as his snacks get. He has the rest of his life to pour sugar into his body, why start now?
    Anonymous

• That's just CRAZY food to feed a 9 month old. It's not even a question of letting them spoil him or not. That's just dangerous. Stand up for what you think is right.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2009