labour during first pregnancy

Hi,

Im expecting my first baby in Sept. Honestly scared but same time thrilled too. But always wanted to know how many hours you are in labour ??? How long did your labour last for in the first pregnancy ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• depends on the person some go fast soem last for ever it seems i know my hard labor contractions started 4 days before i pushed... so i was screaming for 4 days 3 1/2 before they finally kept me at the hospital
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I've had three sections and one labor before my first section. I lost my plug Friday morning and started contractions every half hour to 20 minutes until Monday. During that time my pains weren't close enough together to go to the hospital. I went to the hospital Monday middle afternoon and I was five centimeters. 10 pm Monday night I was 10 centimeters. I pushed for two hours and my son didn't move down at all and had my first section then. I didn't find both the hee hee hees and blowing helpful. I wish I did what I knew was helpful but not 'taught' which was to just blow out with those long time contractions and when time to push or breath use the blowing to see me through either. Remember pain medicine or not, section or vaginal the person's health most important is first yours and then your baby's. You will still have birthed a baby whether you're vaginal or section!! Congratulations!!!!
    Anonymous

• mine was 28 hrs then found out my son was to big to have naturally but ended up having a cesection the nex day
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i had contractions for 8 weeks befor i had him though was in and out of the hospital with the labor 8 weeks later is when they decided to induce
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It is different for every one. My first labour cotractions starting two days prior to my going to the hospital. I went in when the contractions were a steady 5 mins apart lasting a minute long and was there for 47 hrs. before I had her. However my water wouldn't break they had to do that. 30 mins after my water broke I had her. My hard labour which is the part with the hard contractions and pushing took a total of 30 mins. Pushing her out only took 5 mins. of that. To reassure it doesn't always take that long My grandma's entire labour took 2 1/2 hrs. total. so it can be short or long depends on your body and baby.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I was having bad contractions for a couple days before but was only in labor for about 2 hours. stayd the night in the hospital so i could be induced in the morning, went into labor around 4am (they said i was too comfortable to be in labor though) and i was only dialated to a 3.They moved me into the birthing room around 5 had him at 556. went from 3 to rim in like 5 min time. its pretty unpredictable.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 7:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• 3hrs 52mins with my son (from the time contractions started until he was born), he's my first
    it's different for everyone
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My labor was 22 hrs from start to finish with my first. Just try to relax labor is somthing noone can predict, it's normal to be scared, I woke up in cold sweats with my first I was so terrified. Best advice is to stay active and walk ,walk, walk the more active you are the easier it will be. Good Luck!
    TRmama

Answer by TRmama at 8:37 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My labor was almost 15 hours, with only an hour or so of pushing. Ouch!!!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:36 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My 1st pregnancy I was uneducated and due to that I made some stupid mistakes... I ultimately ended up with an unnecessary c-section after not being "allowed" to labor when my water broke without contractions.

My 2nd child, but 1st labor... Lasted 25 hours. The 1st 19 hours were relatively easy and I was able to clean house, cook, & care for my older child between contractions, but after hour 19... WHEW! I was in laborland! I can honestly say that I enjoyed being in labor. I labored in water most of the time and had practiced relaxation techniques so there was really no pain, but more on an "intensity." When it came time to push, my little girl was out in 5 mins :)
    Anonymous