Should I worry???HELP

I am two months pregnant and i have seen my doctor twice and he has done nothing but prescribe me prenatal vitamans and nausea pills. Should have looked for a heartbeat yet or am i worrying? My husband worries that the doctor hasnt even wanted to do any labs yet! should we worry if the doctor isnt worried.??

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you asked the dr about prenatal vitamins? If he hasn't prescribed them yet, you can by them OTC, one a day makes them. As far as nausea pills, a lot of drs won't prescribe ANYTHING for nausea. And the heartbeat, I'm thinking it might be early yet for them to hear it on the doppler. I am surprised he hasn't done any blood labs yet, he should be doing those. If you are concerned, you need to speak up and ask him why. If you don't no one will. It's in your hands.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my dr didnt start doing the heartbeat til i was about 12 weeks . if youhave only been twice then what your like 8 or so weeks pregnant right most of the dopplers wont pick it up til about 12 weeks that is whenthe dr starts that .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• blood tests should have been done at your first apointment. just to verify pregnancy (unless you had an ultrasound) and to check your regular levels of sugars etc...as for the heartbeat they can't really hear it til you are about 10-13 weeks along, depending on the babies position. like TheDiva said, you have to ask why he hasn't done these tests yet. if you don't ask no one else is going to ask for you, and if you aren't satisfied w/his answer you found out early enough in your pregnancy that changes docs won't be as hard as it would later
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• oh and labs we didnt start til about 12 weeks either they then did a pap and drew blood andstuff
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I would question about lab work, they did blood work and pap at my first appointment to verify pregnancy, check all levels, hiv test, the pap they have to check for stds that could be harmful to baby. they need your blood type, check blood sugar, etc. My first appoint was at 8 weeks, the drs like to wait till between 6 and 8 weeks for your first visit so by my second they did listen to the hb with a doppler, but i did have an early u/s and heard the hb at 8 weeks. I would ask questions if I were you.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i agree about the labs..that should have been the first thing they should have done
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:18 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I'm 10 weeks and we won't be able to see the babies heartbeat until next week. But I've had every lab that needed to be done completed....But NEVER be afraid to question your doctor.
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• At 2 months pregnant i actually just found out that i was pregnant. The first visit all that they did was a urine screen to make sure I indeed was pregnant. I was then prescribed prenatal vitamins and actually found that the best thing for nausea was a pill (purchased at Babies R Us) called Mommy's Bliss. My first ultrasound wasnt even until 13 weeks, so I wouldnt worry just yet. At this time, i had the ultrascreen done. I honestly dont think we listened to baby's heartbeat until my 3rd visit. It may be hard to detect early on. Also, if you are having doubts about how your doctor is treating you now, you may want to think about finding a new one. A very important factor is feeling comfortable with your doctor to insure the best treatment throughout. Hang in there! This is my first and I get nervous as well, for I'm not completely sure what I'm in for or how things are supposed to feel. Good luck!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• However, I do now remember getting my first round of bloodwork at my first visit. I'd seriously think about finding a new doctor!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i heard my daughters heart beat when i was 7 weeks prego! they used this tampon looking thing and put it inside of me and thats how they did the ultrasound! my daughter is now 4 and im about 5 weeks prego and when i was 3 weeks i had my first ultrasound! (it was just a bubble but we could see where the baby will be) You need to ask your Dr about any questions you have! if you dont ask you wont know! and if you dont like your Dr then ask for a different one! GOOD LUCK

Anonymous