Who makes chicken and dumplings?

I'd like to find some different chicken and dumpling recipes. I've looked up a few online, but the dumplings never turn out quite right. Can anyone give me suggestions? I prefer the flatter dumplings, but I can never get them light and fluffy.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 7:06 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I make veggie stew with dumplings. easy (dump everything in the crockpot), healthy (lots of veggies and beans), tasty and budget friendly.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I have made them b4 but i use the store bought dumplings from Walmart! If you want to know more message me!
    TheBabyFactory4

Answer by TheBabyFactory4 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I make chicken and dumplings, but I make the puffy kind that float on top!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:49 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i amke it all the time and can help if u need it, message me .
    feel like i am a walking recipe book!lol
    dita

Answer by dita at 10:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• cheating way- get a can of refridgerated biscuits ( the cheapy little ones) and flatten them down and cut into 4's .
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:35 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I make them quite a bit. I use the bisquick recipe for dumplings. They come out perfect every time.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:59 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I don't make what you are looking for. But I do make A Great Chicken Dumpling soup. If you ever care to make that. My Dumplings are Very Easy. Just flour & Egg. Like 2 Eggs & enough flour to make it Very thick! So thick it sticks to a Fork! You drop small forkfuls into boiling Soup/Broth & they cook & float to the Top & I cut them! They get so Fluffy & Big!! However we have our own Chickens so our Fresh Eggs have deep rich Yellow Yolks & so much Flovor!! In case you care to make Chicken Dumpling soup!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:07 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I make chicken & dumplings all the time but my dumplings are the fluffy kind. I just use jiffy mix and follow the recipe. It is the same as the biscuit recipe but dropped into the soup mixture. I make mine in the slow cooker.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:37 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• If you open the pot too soon, the dumplings won't be fluffy. Feel free to contact me for the recipe; not enough space to post here.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2009