how do u do it?

im at my wits end! lol, well i feel like i just cant keep up with my house, between step kids on the weekends and my little kids during, well all the time, i feel like my house is always dirty and i cant stand it, do any of you have any tips on being able to keep up with it so that it doesnt get so out of hand? ive even tried tossing some of my kids toys out but they just keep coming! lol, please help, any tips would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• My house got better when I allowed one toy per child. And if a kid walked away from it, the toy was up for grabs. It brought out their imaginations to use more.
    Anonymous

• if your babies are old enough, have them help! We have a rule, one toy out at a time. when you put it back, then you can get another one. rinse out dishes and put em in the dishwasher as you eat. It can be hard, but it is do-able (sp?)
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We have a chore sheet, I read it to them everyday, they have small jobs but they help me a lot!!! Like carrying the laundry into the laundry room, taking out the trash, emptying the dish washer, putting away their clothes after I fold it , what they can't reach they put on the counter and I take care of it... They have room duty everynight before bed... You just have to delegate, it will make your life so much easier... Unless they are really little of course..
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:54 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• That's the only way to manage so many kids. Put them to work. Even with just my one son, I constantly say, "You make a mess, you clean it up".
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2009