Could my daughter be getting her period?

She has a loose stomach, cramps around her bladder area, discharge, and she is an A32. She's 12 years old and almost 13.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes she could or could be something else
    Anonymous

• yeast infection? Bladder infection? UTI?
    Anonymous

• yes I have a 12 yr old. She just started this past summer. Now she is almost in a size b cup and she is very shappley. I am really afraid of what the boys are saying about her.
    sharmon562

Answer by sharmon562 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We just found a small spot of blood in her underwear. I don't rememember my first time that well... the very first time it can start with a small spot, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• YES, My daughter started this year and she is 10 and I was 9 when I started. My daughter didn't even freak out I had spoken to her about it lots of times. So when the time came she was here at home and all she said was she thought she started and to get her a pad. It was like more of a hassle for her than something scary.
    AqMelo_01

Answer by AqMelo_01 at 4:24 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• It's the next day and there hasn't been anymore blood... I think it could be her period though....

Also she's been getting cramps around her back area.
    Anonymous

• I think that's probably what's happening.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2009

• It could be her first period, she will be irregular for a while. Girls tend to get their period around the same age as their mother. I would get her the Teen Midol, it may help with the cramping. It also could be a bladder infection of UTI.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2009